.1 Develop a complete C/C++ program which will sort the input array of integer having a maximum of 10 elements in “Descending Order”. (15 Marks)

Your program should give a menu to the user after reading the input. The menu must be following:

Press 1 to sort using merge sort
Press 2 to sort using quick sort
Press 3 to sort using insertion sort
Press 3 to sort using shell sort
Press 0 to quit.

Your program should use recursive functions where required.

Your program should contain adequate necessary program documentation and proper program formatting. The program should give necessary messages to the user for input as well as output.

The program must not contain any syntax, runtime or logical errors.

Suggested Marking Scheme

No. Required Information Marks
1 Necessary declarations and program structure and array input 3
2 Merge Sort function 3
3 Quick sort function 3
4 Insertion sort function 3
5 Shell sort function 3

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Could you give me the email of your teacher/proffessor, so I can email him/her the solution? In that way, you can continue with whatever you where doing and don't have to bother any further.

commented: l0l :D:D +6

write a program to input elements in 2D arry and then display these elemant in matrix form plz....................

<rant>
Why do we even bother answering these idiots when all it does is encourage more idiots to post in their threads with the same garbage?
</rant>

Sorry, lost my head for a moment.

kiran_8: Please read the Daniweb forum rules. It is clear that you didn't already, as you just violated three of them:

• Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments
  • Do not hijack old forum threads by posting a new question as a reply to an old one
  • Do post in full-sentence English

If you have a question, start a new thread. If you have something to say, say it fully and completely, without using unnecssary abbreviations, and write it in full sentences. And most of all, if you have a homework assignment, do it yourself, and only come here to ask for advice - not a handout - after you have made a good-faith effort to solve the problem.

commented: Nail on the head! +15

Why do we even bother...
Very right, it annoys me infinitly so to speak.
But always trying to be as polite as possible. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.