Hello everybody,
I'm totally newbie with c++ language.
I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.
I like to make a working GUI with my first c++ code.
My question is:
How to insert this code to Windows Forms (GUI) that contain:
1. Press "Button" to randomly generate the number from the code
2. "TextBox" to display the result from generated number.

I hope someone will provide me the full code that i can compile it here.

Here is the code:

#include <cstdlib> 
#include <ctime> 
#include <iostream>
using std::cout;
int main( ) {
  // srand will set a random starting point for rand()
  // We use the time as a seed, as it's always changing
  srand( ( unsigned )time( 0 ) ); 
  // We generate a random number between 0 and 4013
  // 4013 because ( 22423 * 4013 => 89983499 and
  // 89983499 + 10016486 => 99999985 - our max value )
  int randomKey = rand() % 4013; 
  // Output the generated key and don't immediately close the command prompt window
  cout << "Your random key is: ABC" << ( 10016486 + ( randomKey * 22423 ) ) << "\n"; 
  system( "PAUSE" );
  return 0;
}

Tahnks for any suggestion and help.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Making GUIs in C++ is rather complicated. I suggest you try to download a tutorial about it. There are plenty of tutorials about GUI making out there.

If you're willing to pay http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Cplusplus/Q_21902809.html is pretty nice.

http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t11408.html

Excuse me if I sound a bit rude, but next time please google before you post.

Greetz, Eddy

You can find two tutorials here and here

hi all

i've downloaded the generic source code from the first link provided by Ancient Dragon.

Sorry if this is really basic, and i dont know what to look up on google to answer my question, but what do i do with the files? I'm guessing i have to put them somewhere in Dev C++ program but i dont know where.

Any help would be great

cheers

Just getting the source code copied from any website is not much of an achievement, it would be better if you do a reality check and start learning C++ from ground up , from beginner to advanced and you will automatically figure out the answers to your questions.

Sorry if i have been rude but its best to have strong basics than just jumping in the fray not knowing wat the hell is going on.

Bye.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.