I am using the Dev-C++ compiler. Right now I am having a problem using GLUI. I have installed GLUT and tested some examples, which worked. I have installed the devpack (I believe that is what it was called) for GLUI and am unable to do any examples.
The includes are the following:
#define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK
#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <gl\gl.h>
#include <gl\glu.h>
#include <gl\glut.h>
#include "glui.h"

the code compiles, but I get linker errors, this is one of them:
[Linker error] undefined reference to 'GLUI_Master'

I had a similar problem when I first installed GLUT, but solved it by adding the following libraries to the project: libglu32.a, libopengl32.a, libglut.a, libglut.32. Also adding #define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK.

Does anybody know what I have to add/change or move in order to rid my project of these linker errors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I am very anxious to start using GLUI.

never mind, problem solved... had to reinstall the devpak for glui (it had been updated) and install the devpak for glut (didn't use devpak for glut originally)... found it here : http://www.nigels.com/glt/devpak/

I have a similar problem (using Dev-C++, glut, and glui, but getting a linker error). I tried installing the devpaks mentioned by becca and still the same problem. Help anyone?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.