Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and have a newbie question.

I'm trying to get a popup menu to show just above my system tray icon/notifyIcon. I'm using TrackPopupMenuEx to display the menu, loaded from my application. The problem is that menu is displayed as a really thin menu, so that no text is visible. The id values 4001 or 4002 come in WM_COMMAND msgs to my window. How do I get my menu to display properly??

PS I'm using dev-c++.

Thanks for any help!
-Doug

The menu in the .rc file is:

popupmenu MENU
BEGIN
  MENUITEM "&Config",4001
  MENUITEM SEPARATOR
  MENUITEM "E&xit",4002
END

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You should really post some code to show what you are doing so people can pick out what you are doing wrong and help correct it. I have no idea on this one, but if you post some code, surely a more experienced member will be able to help you out.

Doug,

I don't think it is a problem with the resource file. Show the code where you are displaying the menu.

Doug,

I don't think it is a problem with the resource file. Show the code where you are displaying the menu.

Thanks for the reply bops & WolfPack. I found that both the resource file needed changing to have a dummy MENU containing a POPUP that I wanted to display, and the trackpopupmenu fn needed the submenu extracted with GetSubMenu(Menu, 0).

Silly me, thanks for your time though.

-Doug

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.