I'm trying to write a Windows service in Visual Studio 2008. The service is supposed to update an Access database. I've created a Windows service project and added an Access database to the project. A data source has been created that contains all tables from the database. Now to my problem. How do I "auto create" table adapters and bindingsource objects when the project is a service project? It's not possible to drop tables from the data source view in to the designer view of the service (like in a WinForms project)

Thanks in advance
Tommy

I have a similar project that I am working on (grabbing data from MS Access and inserting into Oracle periodically). I was wondering since it appears that you finished this I was wondering if you could help me with this. Thanks.

I'm trying to write a Windows service in Visual Studio 2008. The service is supposed to update an Access database. I've created a Windows service project and added an Access database to the project. A data source has been created that contains all tables from the database. Now to my problem. How do I "auto create" table adapters and bindingsource objects when the project is a service project? It's not possible to drop tables from the data source view in to the designer view of the service (like in a WinForms project)

Thanks in advance
Tommy

I have a similar issue. I have created a windows service and I want it to connect to my database(SQL Server 2008) but I don't know if its as simple as that for a web application. Any advice would be great!

Have you found the answer? could you post the script?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.