hi there,

i have a combo box cell in the datagrid view and to it the data is loded from the database.
w@ i want is when i select a value from the combo box cell the other cells should be filled with the data relating to the value selected.
thankxxxx

for that u have to write query in to the selectedindexchange event of that datgrideviews combo box and for further assist please display your code

for that u have to write query in to the selectedindexchange event of that datgrideviews combo box and for further assist please display your code

hey there is no selectedindexchange in the datagrid view. i want to put the below code to the datagridview cells when the first cell value is selected,
how can i do this

if (dgvSubContractor.CurrentCell == null)
                return;

if ((dgvSubContractor.CurrentCell.Value != null))
            {
                dgvSubContractor.CommitEdit(DataGridViewDataErrorContexts.Commit);
                if (dgvSubContractor.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex == 0)
                {
                    int r = dgvSubContractor.CurrentCell.RowIndex;

int l = pp.DisplaySubContractName().Length;
                    String name = dgvSubContractor.Rows[r].Cells[0].Value.ToString();
                    String[] SubNames = new String[l];

SubNames = pp.getSubContractorDetails(name);

dgvSubContractor.Rows[r].Cells[1].Value = SubNames[0].ToString();
                    dgvSubContractor.Rows[r].Cells[2].Value = SubNames[1].ToString();
                    dgvSubContractor.Rows[r].Cells[3].Value = SubNames[2].ToString();
                    dgvSubContractor.Rows[r].Cells[4].Value = SubNames[3].ToString();
                }
            }

thankxxxxx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.