Visual studio cannot start debugging because the debug target 'C:\users\lizane\desktop\project\peek-ture\peek-ture\bin\x86\debug\peek-ture.exe' is missing. please build the project and retry, or set the outputpath and assemblyname properties appropriately to point at the correct location for the target assembly.

How to solve this? ( Using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008)

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you, at some point in the project, change the project's source directory at all?

Basically it's sounding to me like it's looking for your files at 'C:\users\lizane\desktop\project\peek-ture\peek-ture\bin\x86\debug\peek-ture.exe' but they're either not there at all or in a different location.

The 2nd part of the message indicates a possible solution by telling you to "please build the project and retry, or set the outputpath and assemblyname properties appropriately to point at the correct location for the target assembly."

If, in fact the source directory has been moved for the project then all you need to do is re-point the project configuration to the correct location and you'll be good. Otherwise performing a manual build may cause the appropriate files to re-populate in the directory VS is looking for them in.

visual studion caanot strat because the debug target is missing

visual studio cannot start because the debug target is missing please build the projet and retry or set the output path and assembky name properties appropriately to point at the correct location for target assembly

Wow... Really? You resurrected this 19-20 days later just to quote the original error/solution to us? :confused:

create a new project with a different location. i.e click on browse and save it in your preferred location like desktop.
you can also check the checkbox source control just before you click create.
This worked for me .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.