I have a help file (.chm), and I want to be able to perform a seemingly simple operation of having that file open when the user selects "Contents" from the "Help" menu. I have added the proper object to the project and set it's namespace property to the location of the file. The problem is, I can't find anything that explains how to bind this to the control. I can't find anything in the help file (C# Express) on how to actually write the code that makes this happen.

I'm also wondering if there's more than one way to do this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OK, I found it. Pretty simple thing really, as I kind of felt it would be. While I'm sure most of you already know it, just to be prudent and fair, here's the code:

private void MenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Help.ShowHelp(this, HelpProvider.HelpNamespace);
        }

Now I found this by posting a question on the Microsoft VS forum, and someone directed me to a site called http://www.helpware.net . Interesting place really.

Now, if I can just get this database thing figured out. . . .

Yeah I hear you on the database thing, also thanks for the info as it saved me lots of trouble :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.