hi i am looking for some code and step by step instructions for the c sharp encryption and decryption process. if anyone is willing to send me some instructions i would be grateful. thanks

Neville

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The only encryptions worth using are one-way encryptions. C# has a few classes that can do this, the only one I have used is the System.Security.Cryptography.Rijndael class, however you should use AES instead if you need a more secure algorithm. There is lots of sample code on the MSDN website in the documentation for the System.Security.Cryptography namespaces.

private class EncryptionClass
        {
            public string Encrypt256(string Data, string Password)
            {
                byte[] clearBytes = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(Data);

PasswordDeriveBytes pdb = new PasswordDeriveBytes(Password,

new byte[] { 0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x1C, 0x1D, 0x1E, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x0F, 0x20, 0x21, 0xAD, 0xAF, 0xA4 });
                MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();

Rijndael alg = Rijndael.Create();
                alg.Key = pdb.GetBytes(32);

alg.IV = pdb.GetBytes(16);
                CryptoStream cs = new CryptoStream(ms, alg.CreateEncryptor(), CryptoStreamMode.Write);

cs.Write(clearBytes, 0, clearBytes.Length);
                cs.Close();
                byte[] encryptedData = ms.ToArray();
                return Convert.ToBase64String(encryptedData);
            }
        }

thanks alot for the code and all. i really need this for my assignment

thanks alot for the code and all. i really need this for my assignment

no problem but that code will only encrypt not decrypt are you looking for decrytpion also? Not that is 256 encryption so it will need to be dercyted as 256

if so to decrypt just use

public string Decrypt256(string Data, string Password)
        {
            byte[] clearBytes = Convert.FromBase64String(Data);

PasswordDeriveBytes pdb = new PasswordDeriveBytes(Password,

new byte[] { 0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x1C, 0x1D, 0x1E, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x0F, 0x20, 0x21, 0xAD, 0xAF, 0xA4 });
            MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();

Rijndael alg = Rijndael.Create();
            alg.Key = pdb.GetBytes(32);

alg.IV = pdb.GetBytes(16);
            CryptoStream cs = new CryptoStream(ms, alg.CreateDecryptor(), CryptoStreamMode.Write);

cs.Write(clearBytes, 0, clearBytes.Length);
            cs.Close();
            byte[] decryptedData = ms.ToArray();
            return System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetString(decryptedData);

}

no i dont think i will need to decrypt... i will save the decrypted format in the database and when someone logs in i will encrypt the password from the textbox and match it with the encrypted pass from the database. anyways i will keep this to for reference. thanks alot for your time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.