hello everybody .. I'm developing a small business application (accounting , invoices , sales , prouducts .. etc) ..
using C# language and a MS Access database to store data , my question is : how can I connect two computers using this appilcation to have access to the same databse (via internet)? must I have a remote server? or there's another way to do that (if I'm sure that my 2 users are always come online at the same time to be connected )?!

and if I want to use webservice(SOAP) in c# to do that , do I need to sign up to a remote server ? or I can host the service on my own computer ?

Instead of using Access, take a look at SQL Server Express Edition. Since it's an actual server, it's a lot easier to share than a file based database.

You can host IIS and SSEE on your own computer if you want. If you are having computers connect remotely, you'll need some form of DNS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.