Hey guys, So at my company there are two i.t. guys, me and another dude, but he does not have the time, nor brain to teach me a couple things for connecting to out sql database for my app so I have to go online. Im having real trouble as this is my first time creating an app that connects to a sql database.
But anywho, I keep getting a sql exception everytime my app tried to open the connection to the database. Can anyone school me on how to properly create/ find out/ where to look on the server for login credentials for my connection string??????

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can look into the system tables of your SQL server but the password is probably encrypted so that won't really help you. You could use T-SQL to create a new user to the database but adding users just because you don't know the credentials for the current user is not a very good reason.
You can't just ask your partner what the username/password is? Someone must have it documented somewhere.

I am going to ask him once I get ahold of him. he was suppose to call me back 2 days ago. Unfortunately this guy is not a team player, and is very stubborn on enlightening me on stuff like this. But I will overcome this obstacle. I found a table in our database named sysUsers. Which im thinking im in the right place but its like walking in the dark right now as this is my first time and I wish I had an actual team captain to show me just a few things. Hopefully I will figure it out. Thanks for your help friend.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.