Hi, I need to connect to a VGA (or other video computer output) using c# to send out image, Does anyone know how to do it?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi, I need to connect to a VGA (or other video computer output) using c# to send out image, Does anyone know how to do it?

I really don't understand what you're trying to do here. Are you implementing some type of dual monitor setup where you want to send the image to the second connected monitor?

Yes, I want implement some type of dual monitor, on my laptop screen i will see the desktop or the C# program and from the VGA output I'll send an image (of picture or something else).

Best way is to use monitor detection. Simply set your output to the second monitor and you're done.

If you want control over the VGA port itself, you will need to look into the hardware and driver specifications of you graphics adapter.

The problem is that I want to send out an arrow cursors and if I'll send the whole screen I'll see more things that i don't want..

This link talks about ways to calculate the .Left and .Top parameters to display forms on other screens. You do not want to communicate directly with a VGA driver - your software will only work with 1 type of device with 1 type of driver hense the abstraction through things like GDI and DirectDraw.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.