I've inherited a small C# command line program that takes a date and creates several spreadsheets containing data pulled from a microsoft sql server database based on that supplied date and some names hard coded into the program. I'm looking to change the program to pull the data from a different server. The problem is, I can find no part of the code that establishes a connection to the server/database.

Most of my experience is C and C++, and I've never dealt with excel query tables, but I'm still lost as to how this program is establishing a connection to a database without having any connecting or authentication information. As far as I can tell, it's generating an sql query, attaching the query to an excel query table, then refreshing the table.

I can provide any code that that may be helpful, but I'm figure I must be missing something obvious here. Any ideas that could point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

I can provide any code that that may be helpful

I am 101% positive that if you posted all the code, people would have saw the flaw A LOT faster......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.