Hi Everyone

could anyone help me with the event handling behind a checkbox, which is one of the columns in datagridview. First of all i am adding this checkbox column to dataTable dt, which is the source of DataGridView1. However, i cannot make the checkbox to work, i.e. ifi click on it to check or uncheck it, then it does not activate at all.

The checkbox is added as follows in the dataTabke dt.

CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox;
dr[4] = chkbox.visible = true;

where dr[4] is the fourth column of the row dr in dataTable dt.

Now, the problem is that it is showing the checkbox in the dataGridView1, whose source is DataTable dt, but i cannot get this checkbox to working, it doesnot do anything if i check or uncheck it, even when i add a checkbox event handler. This checkBox is to delete the relative row from the datagridview1, when selected.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hi Everyone

could anyone help me with the event handling behind a checkbox, which is one of the columns in datagridview. First of all i am adding this checkbox column to dataTable dt, which is the source of DataGridView1. However, i cannot make the checkbox to work, i.e. ifi click on it to check or uncheck it, then it does not activate at all.

The checkbox is added as follows in the dataTabke dt.

CheckBox chkbox = new CheckBox;
dr[4] = chkbox.visible = true;

where dr[4] is the fourth column of the row dr in dataTable dt.

Now, the problem is that it is showing the checkbox in the dataGridView1, whose source is DataTable dt, but i cannot get this checkbox to working, it doesnot do anything if i check or uncheck it, even when i add a checkbox event handler. This checkBox is to delete the relative row from the datagridview1, when selected.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Would this have anything to do with the fact that arrays start at zero in vb.net? If not post the section of code you thinks contains the error.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

This question is related to c# forum, and if not mistaken i posted this to the correct forum. The question is that i cannot get the checkbox working in datagridview, i.e. if i click on it then it does not do anything that it should be doing. The dr[4] was only given to show that this is the cell of the dataGridView, in which i have the chekbox.

I hope you would be able to understand the question now.

Thanks & Regards

Sarah

You need to set the Checkbox AutoPostBack property to true if you want it to post back as soon as it's checked/unchecked, or you need an asp: button to click. with the button solution checkedChanged will fire server side for any checkboxes that have changed state since the last request.

You need to set the Checkbox AutoPostBack property to true if you want it to post back as soon as it's checked/unchecked, or you need an asp: button to click. with the button solution checkedChanged will fire server side for any checkboxes that have changed state since the last request.

Thanks a lot for your help

I have tired this "AutoPostBack" property for the checck box HOWEVER, i cannot find any such thing in Visual studio 2005, it may be the version of Visual Studio. It has AutoPost, but this did not work either. Please help me, if you know any alternative approach.

Thanks

Sarah

autopostback sounds like a web-based solution, but i'd wager that the question from mister brainbox was related to a c# windows app.
i have the same problem in my windows app in that when i tick the tickbox, the cellclick event fires, and processes the change as expected, but the tickbox stays unticked on the screen. and when i untick a ticked tickbox, the event fires and is processed, but the tickbox stays ticked. very puzzled.
if anyone knows how to deal with this and make the tickbox change when it is clicked, i'd be over the moon!
d.

You are right, the question was a C# winforms one, it was also posted nearly four years ago. Try to avoid resurecting old threads.

Is your checkbox column bound or unbound?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.