Hi :)

I want to click on a button and open the mail
box so i can put message and send it, how
can i do that ?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

If by mail box you mean an email application like outlook, you can use the Process class from System.Diagnostics.

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( "outlook.exe" );

Thanks for the answer, but i want it to directly go
to a new message and automaticly insert an email
that i choose and let me write a message and send it.

How can i do that ?

Thanks.

I'm not sure you can do that with outlook, but I'd start by seeing if there's a command line switch I could use. Something like

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( "outlook.exe /newmessage" );

You're probably asking too much for a simple solution and the best way to solve the problem would be to write your own mail handler instead of calling an existing one. :(

You might want to try the HTML mailto syntax.

For example: <a href="mailto:email@test.com?body=I am having trouble finding information on... ">email me></a>

Clicking on the above link will open your default email handler with message already started in Body. (Check this page for more examples http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html)

Now you have to see how to integrate HTML into your application.

Good luck.

I give u a brief peace of code
First u must include
using System.Net.Mail;
//Initialize an SMTP client
SmtpClient objSmtpClient = new SmtpClient();
MailMessage objMail = new MailMessage();
// Precise the mail adress sender and reciever
MailAdress oSenderAdress = new MailAdress("dsd@dsdd.fd");
MailAdress oRecieverAdress = new MailAdress("sdsd@dsdsd.fd");
//Parameter the objMail
objMail.From = oSenderAdress;
objMail.To = oRecieverAdress;
//To send the email u can use the method
try{
objSmtpClient.send(objMail);
}
catch(Exception caught)
{ Response.Redirect("http://www.yourWebSite/ErrorPage.asp");
}

I have actually seen what 1qaz2wsx7 is talking about. It's actually pretty cool. I first saw it at work when a end user needed some help. She was using a Access DB that on one of the forms would actually open up Lotus Notes and fill in the Recipient, Subject and Body.

On a windows machines it uses the default email program that I think can be set int Internet Options -> Programs-> Email setting.

My 2 Cents

WOw this is an old thread, but it is possible to launch the default email program with a new message window wih this code:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("mailto:foo@bar.info");

the when Windows sees the mailto protocol it opens the associated program. The program will open a new message page only (Well that's what Windows Mail and Outlook did on my Vista system). You can change the mailto arguments. See: http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html

you can use the mailto: syntax to fill in the email in its entirety. It's throughly documented in the RFC822 standard...

I want to click on a button and open the mail
box so i can put message and send it, how
can i do that ?

Thanks.

hi
hw r u? i m fine well. im studying here.what r u doing?

Please use the following code.
and add .dll's

Interop.Outlook.dll
Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll
Office.dll
    protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application objApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application();
        Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem objMail;
        objMail = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem)objApp.CreateItem(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem);
        objMail.To = "s731061@emirates.com;
                objMail.Subject = "Testmail";
        objMail.BodyFormat = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlBodyFormat.olFormatHTML;
        objMail.Body = "Welcome to Outlook";
        objMail.Display(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlBodyFormat.olFormatHTML);
}

sabeer pasha.

Please use the following code.
and add .dll's
Interop.Outlook.dll
Interop.Microsoft.Office.Core.dll
Office.dll

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application objApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application();
        Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem objMail;
        objMail = (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem)objApp.CreateItem(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem);
        objMail.To = "s731061@emirates.com;
                objMail.Subject = "Testmail";
        objMail.BodyFormat = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlBodyFormat.olFormatHTML;
        objMail.Body = "Welcome to Outlook";
        objMail.Display(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.OlBodyFormat.olFormatHTML);
}

sabeer pasha.

Thanks SabeerPasha, it worked for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.