Hi all,

I am a newbie and looking forwad to expand my knowledge and help if possible too.

My question,

Is there a way to retrieve/read/get data LABEL (TEXT) displayed on a window. The data is displayed in a label control, not a text control. I guess what I am asking is, can an application read other application's label data displayed on a window? if so, can any one give me a hint on how to do it?

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Are you talking about 2 separate apps or on app? if its one app. then you can do it easily. But if its 2 different apps, then its a little tricky. You need to find the handle of that label control. And then using that handle you can use sendmessage to write to that control.

I can help you in doing this if you need further help.

Are you talking about 2 separate apps or on app? if its one app. then you can do it easily. But if its 2 different apps, then its a little tricky. You need to find the handle of that label control. And then using that handle you can use sendmessage to write to that control.

I can help you in doing this if you need further help.

binoj_daniel,
thanks for your reply.

It is two different apps. Mine and "somebody else's, let say an ms app, no one in particular though.

I would appreciate if you give me a hand, I need all the help I can get. :)

thanks again,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.