Hello everyone,

I have to do programming to make a small, straightforward game operating over a LAN

network. I think I should use Visual C++ and MFC libraries from Microsoft, because it's easy to

learn and use. Dealing with some network programming concepts such as TCP, UDP and some

Socket API is also essential.

I have no background in gaming and network programming. So, I face some difficulties.

Can you please give me some simple sample games source codes such as hangman, bingo,

puzzle etc., with or without networking, for me to get familiar with.
I appreciate projects built with MS Visual C++ 2005/2008. But any advices are invaluable!

Thank you for any help.

Tanya - tanya9x@gmail.com

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Given your unfamiliarity with programming you shouldn't start out programming games.
First get a solid background in software design and programming in C++ and/or several other languages, then add the specific areas of expertise needed for game and network programming, and then start designing your games.

Just browsing some source code isn't going to do it. There's a lot of reading and experimenting involved.

Given your unfamiliarity with programming you shouldn't start out programming games.
First get a solid background in software design and programming in C++ and/or several other languages, then add the specific areas of expertise needed for game and network programming, and then start designing your games.

Just browsing some source code isn't going to do it. There's a lot of reading and experimenting involved.

i agree, i tried to jump sraight intio C++ for game programming but it has not worked now i have started from strach making simple programs whilst aslo doing a game developer course with train2game

I thought train2game was a con. Someone told me that their course material is ripped off from an online free source

I thought train2game was a con. Someone told me that their course material is ripped off from an online free source

wouldn't surprise me in the least. Most such things are.

i have been with train2game now for 6 monthsa nd there course material, is a bit dodgey, but they have a excelent tutor team of qualified c++ coders, and a great forum to chat and ask questions, i went with train2game as it was the easiest way to learn as most of the tutorials i found on the internet was not helping just making me more confused,
when starting the course i emailed the tutors and told them what i knew and what i was struggling with ad there was a response within 24 hours explaing the stuff in detail,

i understand £5,000 is a lot but £135 pund a month is nothing to some people and if you get a job at the end of it earning the wage of a fully qualified c++ game programmer, £5000 is nothing,
so all in all im not bothered if the course material is a rip off from some online tutorials

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.