Hi, all

Any thoughts on why this code runs slow on device but fast on simulator in iphone, I am making a game in cocos2d, and I am moving an object from one place to another , throught CCTouchBegan , CCTouchMoved, CCTouchEneded (ccp function) and after that I take the action on it,

can any buddy tell me what is the main issue to solve this problem,

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I believe the Simulator does not limit the specs it can use. Therefore if you have a 2 GHz processor it will use 2 GHz, when the iPhone only has 1 GHz. The processor is among other things you computer might have advantages in, like RAM and Graphics Power. However, I am only 90% sure so correct me if I am wrong.

The Iphone has more going on in the background that a simulator does, plus it has to handle all the touch-events, sensor data, cell network stuff as well. The simulator also tries to limit it spec, but the computer running the simulator will make the simulator itself much faster.

This belongs in mobile developement

Mobile game development?

another thought: if the software uses external resources which the simulator mocks (mimmicks) for your, latency in accessing those when using the real thing can also cause slowdowns you don't experience when using a simulator.
Think network congestion, disk access, etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.