hi, im having problems with my password textfield. for instance, my password is "default", and when i start typing in letter "d", the letter "d" is being displayed first before turning it into an asterisk. i was thinking if it is possible to make my entry entirely in an asterisk character/format without displaying the actual characters. i hope someone can provide me a solution for this. thanks and more power.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That is the way how it is working on mobile phone and it is correct. You can't compaire it with typing password on pc.
Why? How many keys has your keybord and how many keys are on mobile phone?
It would be silly not show which character was entered when you have multiple characters per key. Don't you make mistakes when you type SSM that you press key 3 times instead of 2?

Consider it... And welcome to daniweb :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'm sorry, but where is any mention of a mobile phone by the original poster?

hmmm...that really makes sense! :) well i hope i can prepare a very good project defense on this. thank you so much! :)

That is the way how it is working on mobile phone and it is correct. You can't compaire it with typing password on pc.
Why? How many keys has your keybord and how many keys are on mobile phone?
It would be silly not show which character was entered when you have multiple characters per key. Don't you make mistakes when you type SSM that you press key 3 times instead of 2?

Consider it... And welcome to daniweb :)

im using nokia mobile phone unit sir.

Do you see any other reason to use limited version of Java?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.