Hi iam developing one application..in which i need to write code with port number and mobileno which shoul send a sms message to mobile.. here i connected my gprs mobile as a modem to my pc in nowsms gateay... now i want to write a program which should listen on that port.. i have the following steps...

1.write a servlet or jsp which should listen on that port
2.and you should register your servlet/jsp in nowSMS gateway
so when ever sms come is that registered url will fire.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

As usual your post is vague and I can't exactly figure out what you need !!!

Let me guess what is the scenario here:-

Your Cell Phone is connected via a USB / Serial Port to your PC and has been as a gateway in NowSMS and you wish to write an application (servlet / JSP ... whatever) from which you can send an SMS to any mobile phone using your cell phone as a GSM Modem ???

OR

Is it the other way around and you wish to retrieve messages received on the Cell phone via NowSMS and NowSMS should forward the SMS to your HTTP Link (which could be JSP Servlet whatever ..)

we configured nowsms as a gateway in one of the pc..and we connected a gprs phone as a modem for sending and receving messages..now i want to write a program in another machine(PC) to send messages to the other pc(nowsms Server).. we know the port number and mobilenumber which is configured as modem in now sms..similarly i want to write a program in nowsms for replying the message what it has received..for example pc1 will send a text message to pc2 and pc2 has to reply this message.. if any more data required plz let me know...

Thanks&Regards,

Basha..

As usual your post is vague and I can't exactly figure out what you need !!!

Let me guess what is the scenario here:-

Your Cell Phone is connected via a USB / Serial Port to your PC and has been as a gateway in NowSMS and you wish to write an application (servlet / JSP ... whatever) from which you can send an SMS to any mobile phone using your cell phone as a GSM Modem ???

OR

Is it the other way around and you wish to retrieve messages received on the Cell phone via NowSMS and NowSMS should forward the SMS to your HTTP Link (which could be JSP Servlet whatever ..)

Using NowSMS you can only send SMSes from a cell phone to the PC to which your Cell Phone is connected and is being used as GSM Modem. You cannot send SMS from one Computer to another without each one being connected to its own cell phone with NowSMS configured on both the machines to use the cell phones as GSM / GPRS modems.

Also In case you just want to send outgoing SMSes (from the PC which has your cell phone connected) to any other cell phone, NowSMS has a Web Interface which you can use for that. In case you wish to embed this ability of sending messages in a program of yours, it also has a HTTP link for accepting messages to be sent via your cell phone, you can embed this link inside your application, you will need to check out the NowSMS reference manual however to check the link specifications though.
As far as receiving SMSes via NowSMS goes, I haven't really tried it, so can't help you on that.

Thanks alot for these valuable information!

hi i am busy developing a java ap for mobile phones how do i get it to send a sms to a setan number to get registerd

hi i am busy developing a java ap for mobile phones how do i get it to send a sms to a setan number to get registerd

hijacking a thread without even showing a bit of own code is not the best way to start, I'm afraid..

hello i wish to read a msg automatically in a PC through gsm modem & also want to send msg through same automatically. will u plz guide for that?
i want to use GSM modem.

hi i want to write a c program to obtain output as tajmahal figure.and it should be obtained as in the form of drawing with dots (as pencil pointing dots) to draw tajamahal.i tried it but i can't.can anyone please help me and suggest me to how to write thecode

commented: Wrong forum and you didn't even hijack a similar topic thread. -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.