hi,
i am useing the netbeans for the first time n i am trying to connect to a MS Access DB through the wizard but i am
not able to.

I entered for a DSNless connection:
Name:JDBC-ODBC Bridge.
Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Database URL: jdbc:odbc: Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.*mdb)};dbq=C:\Users\Vamsi\Documents\PIN.mdb;

the issue its giving is: Unable to add connection. Cannot establish a connection to :jdbc:odbc: Driver={Microsoft
Access Driver (.*mdb)};dbq=C:\Users\Vamsi\Documents\PIN.mdb; Using sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver[Microsoft][ODBC Driver
Manager]datasource name not found or no default driver specified)

for a connectionwith DSN:
i entered the same deails except for the URL i gane the name of DB-i.e PIN
I have also created a System DSN of the name PIN.mdb in the Contol panel > Administrative tools > Data sources(ODBC).
but its giving the error of cannot retrive the schema.
i am not able to determine whats the default Uid and pwd for an Access DB.

please help me if i am missing something or hve done something wrong.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi,
i am useing the netbeans for the first time n i am trying to connect to a MS Access DB through the wizard but i am
not able to.

I entered for a DSNless connection:
Name:JDBC-ODBC Bridge.
Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Database URL: jdbc:odbc: Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.*mdb)};dbq=C:\Users\Vamsi\Documents\PIN.mdb;

the issue its giving is: Unable to add connection. Cannot establish a connection to :jdbc:odbc: Driver={Microsoft
Access Driver (.*mdb)};dbq=C:\Users\Vamsi\Documents\PIN.mdb; Using sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver[Microsoft][ODBC Driver
Manager]datasource name not found or no default driver specified)

for a connectionwith DSN:
i entered the same deails except for the URL i gane the name of DB-i.e PIN
I have also created a System DSN of the name PIN.mdb in the Contol panel > Administrative tools > Data sources(ODBC).
but its giving the error of cannot retrive the schema.
i am not able to determine whats the default Uid and pwd for an Access DB.

please help me if i am missing something or hve done something wrong.

Hey Sandhya,

Im not sure about NetBeans because i never tried it.

About connecting to MS Access using DSN. Then the default username and password is blank, But if you want there should be some username and password then you can set it by clicking "Advance" button while creating the DSN.

Regards,

Hey Sandhya,

Im not sure about NetBeans because i never tried it.

About connecting to MS Access using DSN. Then the default username and password is blank, But if you want there should be some username and password then you can set it by clicking "Advance" button while creating the DSN.

Regards,

hey thanx for the reply but i tried with blank fields but the same problem of cannot recover scheemas is still occuring.

no difference there

Dear,

Solution of your problem is depend upong following settings:

1. Create DSN (System DSN) - Control Panel +Administrative Tools + ODBC Data Source + System DSN.
  2. Set Default Authorization for MS-Access database while creating DSN.
  3. Default Username is Admin and password is Blank (No password). You may set database password using Ms-Access Menu Item.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.