Hi, I am creating an application for remainder. and I want it to be run in background and monitor all its tasks.
I need help about how to make a java application to be run in background. It should work in linux as well as in windows.

Help me....!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you mean that it should not have any visible windows? In that case, just don't create any. Any Java app will run in Windows and in Linux unless you go outside strict Java and access an OS-dependent library directly.

yes, but i want that a tray icon should be there on task bar and it should not have any box on task bar after minimize. And also the case may be some times the window may be visible but nothing will be displayed in task bar as if we open any application its box is there on task bar...

Reply...

yes, but i want that a tray icon should be there on task bar and it should not have any box on task bar after minimize. And also the case may be some times the window may be visible but nothing will be displayed in task bar as if we open any application its box is there on task bar...

Reply...

Sorry, I don't know any cross-platform solution for hiding the task bar button. Maybe someone else can help...

Hi, I am creating an application for remainder. and I want it to be run in background and monitor all its tasks.
I need help about how to make a java application to be run in background. It should work in linux as well as in windows.

Help me....!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.