Hello,
i need to create a webservices from the wsdl file using jaxws.Can anyone tell me how to do this in netbeans.it will be helpful if you explain me the helloworld sample in this regard. Providing the link for any article or tutorial is also welcome.Kindly help am new to webservices concept.
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

And as far as I know a wsdl file defines the types of requests that can be made to a web service and the types of responses that will be received for those requests. I could be wrong about that, though. And what do you mean by creating a web service from the wsdl file?

here is a tutorial on wsdl, if you want:
http://www.w3schools.com/wsdl/wsdl_intro.asp

Also, you might want to consider implementing it as SOAP if you're creating a desktop application, although you should look into it further before making a decision.

And what do you mean by creating a web service from the wsdl file?

With use of plugin like Axis2 you can take WSDL and attempt to build service from it, examples

And as far as I know a wsdl file defines the types of requests that can be made to a web service and the types of responses that will be received for those requests. I could be wrong about that, though. And what do you mean by creating a web service from the wsdl file? I think you'll need to be more specific before anyone can help you (although I really can't either way), a web service is middleware so it has aspects that provide services for UI and connection to the database.

Thank you for your reply.Actually i have written my own wsdl file how can i generate skeleton of my java files from that wsdl.so that i can write my own business logic in that.i will be happy if i get any descriptive step for doing this.

With use of plugin like Axis2 you can take WSDL and attempt to build service from it, examples

Actually, I should have already know that considering I have used Axis before to do exactly that. . although my coworker actually got it working, so I did not get as in depth as he did.

And @ the OP:
Like Peter said. . and he is correct. . you can use Axis or Axis2 to do that. You could also write the java files by hand, and hard code the requests to the server and parse the xml response. Just search for some axis tutorials.

Axis2 is fine if you want to create HelloWorld from WSDL, but building skeleton from something larger need background knowledge as plugin gives you hell of extra bugs. So nothing for newbies for sure.

Axis2 is fine if you want to create HelloWorld from WSDL, but building skeleton from something larger need background knowledge as plugin gives you hell of extra bugs. So nothing for newbies for sure.

Thanks a lot.can you explain the hello world sample alone in stepwise description.Am just learning how to do this.i don want larger things and all.

Thanks a lot.can you explain the hello world sample alone in stepwise description.Am just learning how to do this.i don want larger things and all.

Have look on linked example which I already provided in first post.
Also you can have look at:

Have look on linked example which I already provided in first post.
Also you can have look at:

Thank you peter.now i have successfully created a java files from my sample wsdl file by following the netbeans link [*]Creating Apache Axis2 Web Services on NetBeans IDE which you have provided.Now can you tell me how can i use that code to get request and responses.

Unfortunately no.

I can only recommend good place to start. Book Service-Oriented Architecture with Java Web Services by Mark Hansen. The book should show you how to do it manually, as Mark says

Unfortunately, if you are like me, you may have found the Java Web Services learning curve a little steep. It seems that lots of powerful and complex machinery is required just to deploy a Java class as a Web service or create a simple client to consume such services. Sure, you can get the simple "Hello World" application from the Java EE 5 tutorial to work. However, when you need to deploy your purchase ordering system, things suddenly seem to get much more complicated. Either the WSDL you start with gets compiled into myriad bizarre classes that have to be manually wrapped and mapped into your real purchasing system, or, if you start from your Java classes, the WSDL that gets produced doesn't turn out the way you need it to. If you have been frustrated by problems like these, I sympathize with you.

Hi, as i understood from from your issue, you need to create a simple bean class with getter and setter for the request and response.

I have been working on WSAD(Web Sphere Application Developer), and there once you right click on the wsdl file, then it gives the option of generating the web services from the wsdl file.

For request and response the bean class is required from which the the structure for the request and response will be built.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.