Hi,

I want to develop a desktop application in which I want to render different views on button click. What should I use to achieve this?
I thought of going for Swing but I don't have much idea about it. Can we show different views in Swing on button click?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What do you mean by rendering different views? Is it for example rendering pictures and drawing the images to the screen?

What do you mean by rendering different views? Is it for example rendering pictures and drawing the images to the screen?

In web application we have different page to render different views. e.g. One page asks for login information, another page shows the inbox and so on. How can I show different views on the screen as per user's action.

Design multiple panels and pass them on button click to frame for displaying

Design multiple panels and pass them on button click to frame for displaying

You mean if I've to render n number of views then I'll have to create n number of panels and will have to handle the even in order to make the desired panel visible. Right??

Yes, something like that

I am on it.
Thanks a lot.

You can accomplish this in a number of ways using Swing and basically every other GUI toolkit available. Swing is easy to learn though, and it can be accomplished with only one panel, but peter's suggestion is good.

You can accomplish this in a number of ways using Swing and basically every other GUI toolkit available. Swing is easy to learn though, and it can be accomplished with only one panel, but peter's suggestion is good.

Would you please tell me how that can be accomplished using single frame?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.