Hello everyone,

I am looking for open source gateway written in Java. It is better a light-weighted and easy-to-configure gateway, which could be used in J2EE/J2SE/J2ME applications.

Thanks in advance,
George

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I hate to refer you to google, but I think that's the only way you'll find one.

Thanks server_crash,

I hate to refer you to google, but I think that's the only way you'll find one.

I have searched by keywords "open source gateway Java", but I can not find any useful information (most of them are not general purpose gateway, but specific purpose gateway, like WAP gateway and payment gateway).

I am looking for a gateway software (like sygate) which acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address. Could you help?

regards,
George

Thanks server_crash,

I have searched by keywords "open source gateway Java", but I can not find any useful information (most of them are not general purpose gateway, but specific purpose gateway, like WAP gateway and payment gateway).

I am looking for a gateway software (like sygate) which acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address. Could you help?

regards,
George

Sorry man, I can't find anything and I really don't know anything about that. Maybe the link paradox posted will help you.
sorry.

Thanks all the same, server_crash. You are always warm-hearted. :-)

Sorry man, I can't find anything and I really don't know anything about that. Maybe the link paradox posted will help you.
sorry.

regards,
George

Thanks paradox814,

you can find plenty of them here:
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=gateway&trove_cat_id=198&section=trove_cat&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Your reply is very helpful! I have searched freshmeat but can not find a general purpose gateway (means software acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address.) written in Java, while there are C version ones. I am wondering whether you have experience of using open source gateway written in Java. Do you have any recommendations?

regards,
George

I doubt you will find much, since java really isn't the best for protocal work and most moden OS's have NAT anyway.. Your best bet would be do it yourself, since i really doubt you will find java NAT, though you might find a http proxy...

Thanks Paul.Esson,

I doubt you will find much, since java really isn't the best for protocal work and most moden OS's have NAT anyway.. Your best bet would be do it yourself, since i really doubt you will find java NAT, though you might find a http proxy...

Your reply is very helpful. It seems that you are experienced with Java HTTP proxy. Could you please recommend some good ones?

regards,
George

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.