i need to make a simple paint application using java where i need the function of BRUSH. i don't know much about UI. please help me. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You may down load the Java Applet program Scribble.java
http://www.partow.net/projects/jpaintbrush/index.html
It works.
It is pointed out at the web site:
Free use of the Java Paint Brush is permitted under the guidelines and in accordance with the most current version of the "Common Public License."

tong1 :i have downoaded the source code of the scribble from the link you gave me..it is a zipped file right? but when i extracted it, and i clicked on the html file to launch it, it shows error. how do i run it?

i have downoaded the source code of the scribble from the link you gave me..it is a zipped file right? but when i extracted it, and i clicked on the html file to launch it, it shows error. how do i run it?

Dear khRiztin,
I do not know how to help you.
I downloaded and extracted it successfully. The size of Scribble.java is 33kb (1263 lines code). The size of the Applet is width="650" height="650".
Yes, it is a zipped file. after unzipping you should put the scribble.html and Scribble.java in the same folder.
On DOS wondow,
First command:
javac Scribble.java
It will compile it with no trouble.
Then, the second command:
appletviewer scribble.html
or use a browser to open the scribble.html
You will see the outcome, and run the applet.

it is now running. i just forgot to compile it. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.