I am trying to connect to a SQL server 2008 database from within Eclipse. My SQL server uses integrated authentication for login. Eclipse prompts for integrated authentication , but it is unable to login. I get an error message as "This driver is not configured for Integrated authentication". The sqljdbc_auth.dll of the JDBC driver is needed. I put it in the system path, but it does not work. I do not know how to make Eclipse use this file. Can somebody help?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could have added the explanation to the same thread instead of starting a new one.

I am trying to connect to a SQL server 2008 database from within Eclipse. My SQL server uses integrated authentication for login. Eclipse prompts for integrated authentication , but it is unable to login. I get an error message as "This driver is not configured for Integrated authentication". The sqljdbc_auth.dll of the JDBC driver is needed. I put it in the system path, but it does not work. I do not know how to make Eclipse use this file. Can somebody help?

I was finally able to figure this out. I put the sqljdbc_auth.dll file in the C:\windows\system32 folder and everything just worked fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.