Hello All, I am not sure, if this is the right place to post this query. If not, please redirect me.

Here is the brief explanation of

I have a web application (GWT application) project in Eclipse. I have a server side code which interacts with LDAP directory for some operations.

I have a ant script that compiles the project, copies the war folder to the webapps folder of TOMCAT installation and and starts the apache tomcat server.

If I execute the ant script, tomcat server starts with in eclipse, and if I run the webapplication ( invoking the LDAP accessing code ), I get the javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException.

JNDI/LDAP Communication exception in AuthenticationTestsimple bind failed: xxxx.xxx.com:636; root cause: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled: javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed: xxxx.xxx.com:636: Explanation: simple bind failed: xxxx.xxx.com:636: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled
     [java] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
     [java] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
     [java] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:562)
     [java] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:188)
     [java] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:224)
     [java] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
     [java] 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
     [java] 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
     [java] 	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
     [java] 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
     [java] 	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
     [java] 	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
     [java] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

However, if I start the apache tomcat server from command line, it goes fine ( LDAP communication is successful) Not sure, what is going wrong here.

Any insight here is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vikram

Hello all.. any help will be much appreciated!! Let me know if you need any information..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.