Hi people, i was wondering If you could help me. I have a personal project as a java program, and I wish to develop my own Look and Feel. It will be rather simplistic (like a metro ui). Is a Look and Feel the right way to be going about doing that? Or should I be doing this some other way? Can anybody get me started?

-Thanks very much

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well, i saw these two already, but i was hoping to get, like a beginner's tutorial explaining it step by step.

Sorry don't know of any...

Well, i saw these two already, but i was hoping to get, like a beginner's tutorial explaining it step by step.

I don't think you would find anything more basic than the "Getting started" stuff offered by the Sun L&F docs. For how long have you been programming in Java? If you have recently started out with Java, that might explain the initial discomfort with the L&F tutorials.

well, i've been programming with java for 4-5 years. I know it well, but this is one of the few areas i haven't ventured into.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.