Hello, I am a complete beginner with writing java beans. I am supposed to be making a connect four java beans class.The game logic has already been implemented in the form of a Java class called connect4.GameBoard. My professor has provided me with the jar file and javadoc for this class. I must wrap the GameBoard class inside a JavaBean class named connect4.GameBoardBean. My question is how exactly do I do this. Does this mean I should just create a Gameboard object and call the methods, or does it mean something different. I know that this is probably a very dumb question and I am sorry if you think so, but I just really am not certain about what to do here. Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated .

Thank You for Reading

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If I understand what you want, it means that you need to create another class which may or may not extend from the existing class. I would prefer not to extend but use it inside your new implemented class. The existing class object will become one of your class's variable (could be private if you want).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.