Okay, I am going to go through ALL my steps thus far just so that this process can be sped up hopefully. I have done this before, but it was awhile back and I forgot how, but I know it is possible.

1. I made a Neatbeans created Java Application.
    Then doing what this article said (and I rememeber doing this for the other program) I did the following:
  1. Right-click the package containing your app and choose New | Other.
  2. Select the Swing GUI Forms category and choose JApplet Form. (This template is one of several applet templates, but this one is the one you want to create a JApplet that you can design in the GUI Builder.)
  3. In the editor window, select the tab for the form that you want to convert to an applet.
  4. In the Inspector window, select the sub-components of the form and press Ctrl-C (or Ctrl-X) to copy them.
  5. In the editor window, select the tab for the JApplet form that you have just created.
  6. In the Inspector window, right-click the JApplet node and press Ctrl-V to paste the components.

2.After that I right-clicked my project "ConsulantsStaff" (yes it is spelled wrong) and I went to Web Start and made the following changes:
step2

3.I then ran Clean and Build, then uploaded the files from the projects "dist" folder online.
The files were: ConsulantsStaff.jar, launch.html, launch.jnlp

4.I then tried to incorporate that into a HTML file, which now looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><!-- ########################## IMPORTANT NOTE ############################ --><!-- This preview HTML page will work only with JDK 6 update 10 and higher! --><!-- ###################################################################### -->
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Consulants Applet</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <body bgcolor="#000000">
    <h3></h3>
    <script src="http://java.com/js/deployJava.js"></script>
    <script>
    var attributes = {
    code: "mypackage.consulantsstaff",
    archive: "consulantsstaff.jar",
    width: 800,
    height: 740
    };
    var parameters = {jnlp_href:"launch.jnlp"}; <!-- Applet Parameters -->
    var version = "1.5"; <!-- Required Java Version -->
    deployJava.runApplet(attributes, parameters, version);
    </script><!-- Or use the following applet element to launch the applet using jnlp_href --><!--
    <applet width="300" height="300">
    <param name="jnlp_href" value="launch.jnlp"/></applet>
    -->
    </body>
    </html>

So...yea, the only step I truly remember doing is step 1, the rest I am winging and so far it is not working.
The current location of this applet is here, it is just a black screen right now: Applet

Any and all help appreciated,
-Austin

Are you executing the applet in a browser?
Are there any error messages in the browser's java console?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.