can someone please help me with this java application that will display the output below:

"Enter Middle Name: Gosling"
"You Middle Initial is: G"

and also java program that will let the user to enter value for fahrenheit & convert it to celsius.
can someone give me codes for this.. thanks in advance..

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

There are lots of people here who will freely give their time to help you become the best Java programmer you can be. There's nobody here who is interested in helping you cheat or doing your homework for you.

DaniWeb Member Rules include:
"Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments"
http://www.daniweb.com/community/rules

Sorry but we don't give away codes here the rule states Do provide evidence of having done some work yourself if posting questions from school or work assignments.
We can help you if you have specific questions on your code or if you need advice on what to do next

Anyway these are simple tasks where you only need to use the charAt method from the string class at the first index of your first application and a simple math equation for the second

@JamesCherill: sorry for asking it, it's my first time here so don't worry i won't ask a question like that again..
@zeroliken: thanks for that idea.. :)

OK,don't worry about it. Have a go at your assignments. When you get stuck come back here, show us where you have got to and what's giving you a problem. Someone will help.

btw @JamesCherill this is the code i've have..

import java.io.*;
public class Text1
{
    public static void main(String[] args)throws IOException
    {
        BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));
        String MiddleName; 
        char MiddleInitial;

System.out.println("Enter your Middle Name: ");
        MiddleName = br.readLine();
    }
}

@JamesCherill: problem solved.. thanks..
@zeroliken: you really helped me a lot.. thnx dude..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.