Is there any easy IDE that lets you build a easy GUI with Java? I wish you could comply native Java using VS! :P

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Either of the "serious" IDEs (Netbeans and Eclipse) is so functional that there's bound to be a massive learning curve. In both cases the first few days are going to be discouraging, but stick with it...

Either of the "serious" IDEs (Netbeans and Eclipse) is so functional that there's bound to be a massive learning curve. In both cases the first few days are going to be discouraging, but stick with it...

I currently use MyEclipse as my standard IDE.....

Maybe you should have mentioned that earlier.

I use Eclipse Juno with WindowBuilder http://www.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/ - works vey well for me.
If WindowBuilder works in MyEclipse then that would be a good choice.

Is there any special reason why you are using MyEclipse rather than "vanilla" Eclipse?

There is also a WindowsBuilder Pro which was previously a paid product but is now free thanks to Google. Never used it seriously but seems like it handles both SWT and Swing drag-n-drop GUI development and is available as an Eclipse plugin.

EDIT: Doh, beaten by James.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.