Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but....

I'm doing a project for college which involves Learning Content Managemnt System.
I've developed a few features for this including chat, forums, etc.

I want to develop an SMS system to use in conjunction with the chat application
ie. If a user is not online then the chat message will be sent to their mobile in the form of an SMS.

Looking for help in creating a Java application to send an SMS via my DKU-5 serial cable.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am also trying for the same but the difference is that i m planning to control my PC by mobile, i recently got the info that Java has a package called JTAPI which is used for these purposes.So check this and plz tell how to install this how to use it because i have JTAPI but dont know how to install in system.

Urgent! I loss my practical project for my Advance Diploma in computer science due to a hard disk crash. I had done three quarter of my project and had not made any backups. I need a project in java, source codes and documentation of about 100 pages to submit for tomorow! Please help me!

Can u send SMS code so that i can help up

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but....

I'm doing a project for college which involves Learning Content Managemnt System.
I've developed a few features for this including chat, forums, etc.

I want to develop an SMS system to use in conjunction with the chat application
ie. If a user is not online then the chat message will be sent to their mobile in the form of an SMS.

Looking for help in creating a Java application to send an SMS via my DKU-5 serial cable.

Any ideas??

Thanks

aruna_k_2006, this is nearly 2 years old post ! ! ! Do you think it is still on-going project? I don't think so. So what s the point to rewoke old post in this case?

If you done any related coding to this topic you are more then welcome to post it in CODE SNIPPETS section of daniweb.

hmm, for the kids I hope they've gotten over it.
But as they may well have failed that assignment (they weren't given "zuh koduz" after all) it's quite likely they're still struggling with it (if they've not given up and gone on to less demanding jobs).

bro i need the project code and how to send and recieve sms from dku5 cable ..is it using AT commands itself?? as its serial communications

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.