I want to count the number of times the button is clicked using GUI.

I did this code:

private void jButton1ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt) 
  {                                         
    int clicked = 0;
    clicked++;
    System.out.println(clicked);
  }    

But it showing the output "1", each time I click the button.

I want every time I click the button to show me the count.

ex: If I click the button two times it should give me output of "2".

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You declare int clicked inside the action performed method, so you get a new clicked variable (initialised to 0) every time the method is called.
If you move the declaration to just outside the method then it will be an instance variable that keeps its value between calls to jButton1ActionPerformed

declaring clicked global will solve ur problem

No it won't. This is Java. Declaring clicked global will simply create a compiler error. Please don't confuse Java beginners by using non-Java terminology and giving advice that they can't follow, and wouldn't work even if they did.

ps: DaniWeb Member Rules include: "Do post in full-sentence English". Members with English as their second (or third...) language won't uinderstand "ur".

@jAMES - I MEAN DECLARING CHECKED AS INSTANCE VARIABLE,i.e.,Defined at Instace/Object Level
If CHECKED is common to all objects,then use static modifier.

Yes, I understood that was what you meant. (The same solution as detailed in my first post!). I commented because you cannot assume that a beginner will understand your use of the non-Java word "global", that's all.
J

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.