Hi DW

Well I'm new in java I'm using Visual Basic the most so now I just decided to cross platforms and start doing java, so there is a project that I'm trying to create in jave (I'm sorry for the namings just in case I don't use the right java word it because I'm new and I'm famillier with VB.Net).

What I want is that I want to create 2 (Forms) I don't know whether you also call it forms in java or not but I want to create 2 forms in one project and what I want is that I want the first form to be the one that will be loaded when the program starts and it will wait for a Control Button Click event once this event happens it will then call or load the 2nd form and the 2nd form must set to always onTop and when I close the second form I want the first form not to close. what I also want is to hide the first form by removing it or hiding it icon on a task bar and on the processes and it also must be invisible. In vb.net I wrote it like this:

Public Class Form1
    ' Handling the key down and Load the 2nd form
    Private Sub Form1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles Me.KeyDown
        If My.Computer.Keyboard.CtrlKeyDown Then
            Form2.Show() ' Loading form2
            Form2.Visible = True ' Making it be visible
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Me.Visible = False ' Hiding the form1
        Me.ShowIcon = False ' Hiding the Icon from
        Me.ShowInTaskbar = False ' Hiding the form on taskbar
    End Sub

End Class

any one who can help me in this please.

I hope you're prepared for a very steep learning curve!
You'll need some basics on Swing (Java's standard GUI classes). Oracle's tutorials are excellent if you just want all the info without too much hand-holding. Have a look at the first few sections starting here
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/index.html
if it looks too much like gibberish that means you'll need to spend some preliminary time on Java fundamentals first - eg http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/concepts/index.html
Good luck!
J

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.