Hi Dw.

I have a question of how can one detect a program attempting execute/run and also most importantly how to allow/deny programs to execute/run.

I'm sure we all have came across with UAC where it ask you to allow or deny that program from running, normally this for elevating privileges to Admin, but I don't want to use UAC rather want to create something working like it except that UAC only notify on privilege elevation but mine I want it to detect a program that is attempting to execute then ask a user if s/he wants to grant or deny that particular program from running.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

And you want this in .java ?
remember that any Java application is running inside a JVM and has little to no influence on what happens outside of that VM.

Oops I thought maybe java can have some support for this. I guess the language perfect for this is C++. Will start another thread there regarding this and when I get some help will then post the thread link here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.