I want to implement a file lock using
j2ME for mobile files...Can you please help me how to get started with? Can i get files in the emulator?
I am using sun wireless toolkit 3.0 to implement it.
I am designing it for symbian.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I want to implement a file lock using
>> I'm not aware that JME provide such file access

j2ME for mobile files...Can you please help me how to get started with? Can i get files in the emulator?
>> I already made example for my blog last year, if you bothered to use google you would have found it...

I am using sun wireless toolkit 3.0 to implement it
>>There is minimum difference between WTK 2.5.2 and JME SDK 3

I am designing it for symbian.
>>Obviously you have no background knowledge of mobile development otherwise you would know that any device that has JVM for JME it would able to run, as long it has necessary libraries (doesn't matter that it is Symbian, Windows CE or just random phone)

Echoing with peter_budo, J2ME has no file locking mechanism. It however has a file hiding mechanism (javax.microedition.io.file.FileConnection)

I want to build a application to lock file,are their any API's from which i can do this?

If you read previous replies you would found there is nothing. So yeah be the inventor and create it...

i have added few files to emulator. i want to access the file attributes such as canRead() etc..how can i go for it...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.