i want to do a project on this topic..
The features that i want to implement includes:
1)controlling media player,web camera,file transfer,printer etc..
2)bluetooth range enhancement,..
i don't have an exact idea about its implementation...
if you have got any suggestions please mail me on <EMAIL SNIPPED>

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Definitely not possible with JavaScript/Ajax as this are mostly used for enhancement effects on web and not hard coding

Moving to Mobile Dev, perhaps some in there would have suggestions.

Ahh forgot to move it. Anyway as I already stated none of the scripting languages would do it. JME not possible to since it is Java and that doesn't handle this sort of thing, same applies for Android with difference that developer has better access to hardware on device, but no chance on pc. iPhone, I do not think. There is remote possibility for Windows Mobile, but C# may put limits

so any language suggestions?

Well you can if you develop an application running on pc that does take care of bluetooth and is capable of invoking applications from windows which is most likely be done in C++ (or perhaps Visual Basic or C#). This application should be running as service so other bluetooth devices can connect to it, but this is work for a team not single student. It does require to much of man days (too much time)

its a team work of 4 students..also,why cant i do coding in J2ME?

Well you can do it, but JME bluetooth connectivity is not the best one. The mobile side of this project is easy to implement since you need to just provide options to select which device to control and options what to do with that device. It is desktop side that is difficult. You should perhaps consider some less complex and more practical project. (Don't know how you guys, but I do not find mobile phone controlling pc very useful)

Nooo..we are not going to drop it anyway..
so..Thankyou peter budo..for the valuable suggestions..

Nooo..we are not going to drop it anyway..
so..Thankyou peter budo..for the valuable suggestions..

Your choice, I gave only my opinion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.