Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding Mobile Development, are all mobile apps developed using xcode and objective C ?

I take it these are zipped up and offered as a download on an app store so to speak at a small cost ?

Is it possible to make a mobile app out of web based technologies and then offer as a download or would it have to be through a subscription service ?

Or would the website have to act as the game and the users would just visit the site and view it as normal website on a mobile device.

Kind Regards

PS - Mobile Development is all new to me, and I keep on getting companies phoning saying they want the latest developers with HTML5 experience.

I have a couple of questions regarding Mobile Development, are all mobile apps developed using xcode and objective C ?
>> First think coming to my mind is "WAKE UP DUDE!" there are other things then iPhone, such as Android that is Java based with XML configs and BlackBerry with Java Microedition and of course Nokia's Qt plus there is Python for most of them and you can use also HTML5 with some JavaScripting

I take it these are zipped up and offered as a download on an app store so to speak at a small cost ?
>> They are packaged in their respective file types

Is it possible to make a mobile app out of web based technologies and then offer as a download or would it have to be through a subscription service ?
>> Many commercial websites do browser detection and if mobile device detected they offer download of application (often based on WURFL library)

Or would the website have to act as the game and the users would just visit the site and view it as normal website on a mobile device.
>> See above

PS - Mobile Development is all new to me, and I keep on getting companies phoning saying they want the latest developers with HTML5 experience.
>> Of course everyone want HTML5 experienced people as they want to use potential of it and ditch often hopeless designs hard to upgrade

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.