Hello All,

I'm currently working on developing a game app for Android. The game app is based off of 'Mr.Nom' from Beginning Android 4 Games Development. I've kept the code the same for this first version, but did make some original graphical and audio attributes. I worked through the last bug I had in the app (a Class Not Found Exception). I fixed that by changing one of the classes in the inheritance hierarchy from abstract to non-abstract. I've added the 'uses-library' attribute to the manifest file, but I'm still getting a new error. Here's the stack trace:

06-27 00:26:42.975: D/PackageManager(64): Scanning package com.wsp.androidgameapps.mmnzambi02
06-27 00:26:42.975: E/PackageManager(64): Package com.wsp.androidgameapps.mmnzambi02 requires unavailable shared library com.badlogic.androidgames.framework.impl; failing!
06-27 00:26:42.975: W/PackageManager(64): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.wsp.androidgameapps.mmnzambi02-1.apk
06-27 00:26:43.095: D/dalvikvm(64): GC_EXPLICIT freed 7423 objects / 395328 bytes in 108ms
06-27 00:26:43.165: D/AndroidRuntime(294): Shutting down VM
06-27 00:26:43.165: D/dalvikvm(294): Debugger has detached; object registry had 1 entries
06-27 00:26:43.204: I/AndroidRuntime(294): NOTE: attach of thread 'Binder Thread #3' failed
06-27 00:26:57.324: E/ThrottleService(64): Error reading data file

Here's my manifest file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    package="com.wsp.androidgameapps.mmnzambi02"
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="1.0" >

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" android:targetSdkVersion="8" />

<application
        android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
        android:label="Mmnzambi02" android:permission="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" android:debuggable="true">
        <activity

android:label="@string/app_name" android:name=".MmnzambiGame">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <uses-library android:name="com.badlogic.androidgames.framework.impl" android:required="true"/>
            <uses-library android:name="com.badlogic.androidgames.framework" android:required="true"/> 

</application>

</manifest>

I've tried changing the 'android:required' attributes to various settings (false for both, or for one or the either). If I set both to false, I get the old 'ClassNotFound' exception. If I set one of them to false and one to true, whichever I set to true, the LogCat readout tells me is the 'missing shared library'. Not sure what to do at this point (I've tried fiddling with the build paths from the various projects (the game I'm working on uses code from the game framework and game framework implementation laid out in the forementioned book, whihc I have in Eclipse as separate projects). I'd really appreciate the help, even if it just means pointing me in the direction of some possible solutions. Thanks in advance...

See ya on the flipside,

Desh2350

Hi,
From the above log, it seems there is a shared libary missing. The game library used some native library .so or .dll to get some complex thing done. I think that library is missing. Check out how to link native libraries built using NDK to your Android project.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.