Mobile/Web Application

Hey forum,

I've recently started doing research on this topic but to no avail as i'm not getting the answers I wanted so I'm here once again:

My question:

I need to develop an application to run on a normal desktop, but as an extension we would like to run it on the 3 main mobile device platforms aswell...The application requires Database Intensive queries...you could compare it to a POS (point of sale) system if you want to. Now my first thought was to move it to the new HTML 5 and javascript, but since I've never done this I dont know if running a web based application of a local (as in on the local network 10ft away) server would give me the same speed and feel as a desktop application? I wanted to move to HTML 5 or any other web based platform cause its my understanding Ill be writing one application instead of 4 or maintaining 4 for that matter? is my logic correct here?

Would I be better of developing a Mobile app and a Desktop app or would the web based version be good enough in terms of speed and efficiancy to do it thataway?

Extra notes:
The server will run the main program or web service.
Desktops or mobile devices connect to the server and its DB.

Kind regards
Krefie

Everyone wants to do the smart thing here. If i can run one html 5 page and not develop for different mobile platforms, why not. My own company is facing this decision and i think they are going to try html 5.

My main gripe is i think the app offers a more direct and personal delivery of whatever you are providing to customers with more control long range. I'm in the process of taking a project i did for android and essentially doing something similar on ios. I think the key for development on multiple mobile platforms is to to let the apps share a similar design and data as much as possible.

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article