Hey I am working on an android app for a project and I have a problem with the GUI interface.

When ever I try to move like a button or something on it, it moves like 2 other things with it and I dont want everything moving and messing up the look. Is there anyway I can make the controls unconnected and free moving without messing it up?

Yes, it sounds as if you are relative layout for everything. I'd suggest you review the information at http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/declaring-layout.html to make sure you understand how layouts work. After that, you can start experimenting with nesting different layouts to get the effect you want. For example, you might use a vertical linear layout that contains relative layouts, depending on what you want to do.

The foundation of building a good UI is to first draw it on paper, that way, you can identify which "blocks" you will need, which in turn will make it much easier to determine what layouts you require in order to get the exact UI you need.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.