Hello!

I need help whith perl.

I have 2 files, i whant to open them compare une colun and if they iqual i whant to write at the 1ª file some coluns of the secund file.

Exemple:
File 1

2; apartamento; T2; manuel; 120.000€; Activo
4; moradia; V4;José; 250.000€; Suspenso

File 2
12; manuel; arcozelo; 234567888; activo
23; josé; Londres;004444444;Activo

Result
2; apartamento; T2; manuel; 234567888; 120.000€; Activo
4; moradia; V4;José; 004444444; 250.000€; Suspenso

Can you help me please.

Inês

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Clumsy, but it works:

use strict;
use warnings;

my @pf1;
open(F1,"<f1.txt");

while(<F1>){
	my @f1;
	chomp;
	s/\s+//g;
	(@f1)=split(/\;/);
	push (@pf1,\@f1);
}
close F1;
my @f2;
open (OUT,">result.txt");
open(F2,"<f2.txt");
my $x=0;
while(<F2>){
	chomp;
	s/\s+//g;
	(@f2)=split(/\;/);
	$f2[1] = 0 if(!$f2[1]);
	$pf1[$x][3]=0 if(!$pf1[$x][3]);
	if($f2[1] eq "\L$pf1[$x][3]"){
		print OUT "$pf1[$x][0]\; $pf1[$x][1]\; $pf1[$x][2]\; $pf1[$x][3]\; $f2[3]\; $pf1[$x][4]\; $pf1[$x][5]\;\n";
	}
	$x++;
}
close F2;
close OUT;

thanks!
works well but i does not quite understand the code from the line 23 to the end.
Can explain me better?

What I did was push an array reference into another array. Each element of the first file was split into an array @f1. Then I pushed a reference to that array into @pf1, so each element of the array @pf1 is an array reference (or a pointer to the memory space of the array @f1, but since I let it go out of scope, it becomes a pointer to an anonymous array). So, when I compare the columns:

$f2[1] eq "\L$pf1[$x][3]"

I am comparing the 2nd column of file #2 (stored in @f2) with the 4th column of the same line of file #1. The \L makes the contents lowercase, because I noticed case was mixed in the files. If the lines of each file do NOT align (meaning you want to compare with something anywhere in the second file), you will have to create a hash. My suggestion is that you create a hash with the first name (column #2 in file #2) with the value of the phone number (which you print). If the value exists in the hash, print out your line. However, this will be a problem if you have duplicate names, in which case you will have to match on more than one column.

If you look back in the forum, you will see several similar solutions to such a problem.

Can you give me sonething more simple?

More simple:

use strict;
use warnings;
my %hold;
open(F2,"<f2.txt");
while(<F2>){
	chomp;
	s/\s+//g;
	my($num,$name,$unknown,$phone,$status)=split(/\;/);
	$hold{$name}=$phone;
	print "$name\n";
}
close F2;

open(OUT, ">results.txt");
open(F1,"<f1.txt");
while(<F1>){
chomp;
	s/\s+//g;
	my ($num,$something,$else,$name,$cost,$status)=split(/\;/);
	$name="\L$name";
	if($hold{$name}){
		print OUT "$num\; $something\; $else\; $name\; $hold{$name}\; $cost\; $status\;\n";
	}

}
close F1;
close OUT;
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.