Hello, everyone. My boss gave me a mission impossible. He asked me to retype all the content from a 126 pages PDF document. God! I don’t wanna spend the whole day doing this boring task. Any idea? I tried copy and paste, but I can’t copy from the PDF files. That drives me crazy. Please give me some advice. Thanks!:'(

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I know this is a Python forum and all, but look at the ad under your post. They have a free trial version, so maybe that'll work out for you.

I know this is a Python forum and all, but look at the ad under your post. They have a free trial version, so maybe that'll work out for you.

I have tried them. But most of freeware cannot convert PDF well. There are always some text in anywhere.

You PDF file is encryped, the author set restriction to prevent other from copying and editing. Firstly, you need to know if it is legal to copy from it. Then you may convert pdf to word using anybizsoft pdf to word converter. It can preserve text content, images and text hyperlinks after conversion, even restricted PDF can be preserved. You may have a free trial to convert 3 pages.

You can get rid of encryption by converting your file to ps and back to pdf (using ghostscript for example).

Print the pdf then scan the hard copy and OCR the scans.

You can get rid of encryption by converting your file to ps and back to pdf (using ghostscript for example).

It sounds very somplex! Do I have to do it one by one?

Print the pdf then scan the hard copy and OCR the scans.

Thank you for your advice. But it's too complicated!

You PDF file is encryped, the author set restriction to prevent other from copying and editing. Firstly, you need to know if it is legal to copy from it. Then you may convert pdf to word using anybizsoft pdf to word converter. It can preserve text content, images and text hyperlinks after conversion, even restricted PDF can be preserved. You may have a free trial to convert 3 pages.

Nice! I have download the trail version to have a try. I' works well. I can save much time to do other work. I decided to buy it. I think it will help me a lot in the future!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.