Hi,

I am trying to run an application that is developed in python and compiled in python 2.5
I have upgraded fedora 10 to fedora 13
now i am trying to install that application and run it fedora 13 it gives me an
error
File "kb.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gtk
But i have checked whether i installed pygtk through yum command but the terminal says
Package pygtk2-2.17.0-3.fc13.i686 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

So it has latest version of pygtk but still its giving an error msg
File "kb.py", line 8, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gtk

So kindly advice me any suggestions to run that exe .. to solve this error.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have multiple installations of python of your machine (say 2.6 and 2.5) and you are running the program with python 2.5, you may have to install a version of pygtk for your python 2.5. See this entry in the pygtk FAQ http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?req=show&file=faq01.010.htp

need to build pygtk for the other python installations ..
how to install pygtk for python if i have multiple version of python like 2.5 , 2.6
is that means i have to separately download pygtk for python 2.5 and install it.. ??
Kindly need suggestions ...

need to build pygtk for the other python installations ..
how to install pygtk for python if i have multiple version of python like 2.5 , 2.6
is that means i have to separately download pygtk for python 2.5 and install it.. ??
Kindly need suggestions ...

Yes I think you should try and download pygtk source and build it for python 2.5. It may work without problems. If your python is in /usr/local, you should probably use

env PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python2.5 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
sudo make install

Hi,

Thanks for the solution it comes very helpful and handy to me..
I appreciate your timely reply that save me much time .
thanks a lot ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.