It was really great piece of code, I really liked it, does any body knows how to get more statistics? like word length, sentence length, paragraph length, and if possible how to plug the results into a prgram like excel or matlab to get graphs of our results? your help is really appreciated guys.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It was really great piece of code, I really liked it, does any body knows how to get more statistics? like word length, sentence length, paragraph length, and if possible how to plug the results into a prgram like excel or matlab to get graphs of our results? your help is really appreciated guys.

To get graphs of the results, I would preferably use matplotlib. See what you can do with a few lines of code http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/gallery.html

Hi all, I am new to the Python and to the Daniweb, I need help regarding how to do some text statistics for text files, something like sentence length, average sentence length, paragraph length and the avrage of patagraphs length, word frequency and word length. I think I already found the word frequency in one of the snippets, but I need the rest of statistics. as I said, i am a very beginner in Python, but I can understand how things go with the code. any help is appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.