**PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

I need help completing this by tomorrow afternoon!!!
Can anybody write this for me????????
Chemin de Fer is a French card game. You will be creating a simulation of this card game.

In Chemin de Fer, cards have the following values: aces are worth 1, cards 2 to 9 are worth their face values, and 10s, Jacks, Queens and Kings are worth zero. The value of a hand is the rightmost digit of the sum of the card values. For example, if a player holds a 6 and a 8, the sum of these is 14, so the value of the hand is 4. (In other words, the remainder after dividing by 10.)

Some further examples:
4, A and 5 - value: 0
6, 5 - value: 1
8, K - value: 8
8, K, 2 - value: 0
9, 8 - value: 7

The highest possible value for a hand is 9. The lowest possible value for a hand is 0.

Six decks of cards are used in Chemin de Fer, all shuffled together.

The dealer gives two cards face down to the player and then two to himself.

If either the player or the dealer has a hand with a value of 8 or 9 (called a 'natural'), both hands are shown and the higher value hand wins.

If neither player has a 'natural', then the player can choose whether or not to accept a third card. The dealer can then also decide whether to accept a third card.

In practice, the following conventions are followed - if the player's hand is worth 6 or 7, he always refuses the third card. If it is worth 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4, he always accepts the third card. If it is worth 5, he may choose as he likes. The dealer then follows the same pattern.

For the purposes of creating this simulation, you may choose how the dealer behaves when his hand is worth 5 (e.g. always accept or always refuse or randomise or alternate, etc.), but otherwise your simulation must follow the conventions described above.

Your simulation needs to do the following:
let the user take the role of the player and the computer take the role of the dealer.
accurately model the shuffle (randomisation) of six combined standard decks of cards (52 cards, no jokers) and the subsequent drawing of cards from the combined shuffled deck. (Drawn cards are not returned to the deck.)
calculate and display the value of both the player's and dealer's hands.
keep track of the number of hands won and lost by both player and dealer.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I need help completing this by tomorrow afternoon!!!

I can tell you not to wait for someone to make your homework/project, because it won't happen. By solving this for you, you gain nothing, and you learn nothing. If you do have something that you worked on related to this project, and you have specific questions related to bugs or errors in your program, we might help you, if we know.
So, be a doll, and start working on your homework, and stop relying on others to make the work for you. Go now, you have little time till tomorrow.

More directly:

No.

I would recommend starting off with the representation of the deck of cards. Have you studied classes and object-oriented programming yet? If you have, then the easy thing to do is create a class Card, which can have one of the 52 face and suit values, then use that to create a Deck class. You can even subclass Deck to make a Hand class (or at least, that was how I did it when I was writing my old Acey-Deucy simulation - it's just too bad that I don't have a copy of it on hand for you :p I think I may have posted it somewhere, though, so hint hint perhaps a search would help...).

Once you have a simulation of the card decks, you can simply write the game by applying the scoring rules to each hand.

Oh, and the OP cross-posted to DevShed. Just so everyone is aware of it. BTW, if I can find this as easily as I did, don't you think that the professor will find it here, too? It has happened before, so it isn't as implausible as it sounds, and I can assure you that schools don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.