Hi
I have server which is hosted in some other location, every day we have incremental backup and every week we have full backup done in the server itself, I need to copy (automate) all backup to my local server..
So I configured ftp server in my local server, now I need a script to copy backup (all which are like every day incremental backup and every week full back up) into my ftp.. the server (which is hosted in some other location) is having a Plesk tool so the backup are saving in a special folder

Please help me to write a script for this task

Thanks in Advance
--R

Where are you at in this process so far. Have you looked into rsync, Post what you have.

well I dont know much about bash shell, so I am trying to write the script for the process..

can you please tell me about rsync, is automate the process of copying file from one server to another, if you have any information on this tool please pass the link to me

Thanks
--R

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.