HI everyone ,In this semester i have a course on data structure , My teacher is going to recomend us C# or C++ for implementing structures . i have good skills on c language and java but dont know C# and i hate c++(however i have learnt some bit of c++),plz tell me whether java or c will work fine and efficiently or i should learn c++? Thnx for your wisdom words.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can always prefer Java over C++.

When it comes to compare Java and C#.....

Java and C# are both good languages to learn.

Both are similar to C but are object oriented ( You would have learnt in C++ )

C# with .NET framework gives you an excellent environment to build your application where Java lacks a little (compared to .NET framework).

Java is platform independent as C. ( you can have your application run on windows, Linux etc. ). C# application can only be run on windows ( there are packs which make C# too a platfom independent language (MONO for Linux, Android etc.) )

These are the two points that came to my mind.

P.S. I am a C# programmer

HI everyone ,In this semester i have a course on data structure , My teacher is going to recomend us C# or C++ for implementing structures . i have good skills on c language and java but dont know C# and i hate c++(however i have learnt some bit of c++),plz tell me whether java or c will work fine and efficiently or i should learn c++? Thnx for your wisdom words.

If your teacher only allows C# or C++ then it's irrelevant how "fine" or "efficiently" Java or C will work. You need to verify that those languages are allowed first. But yes, you can use any of the four stated languages for implementing data structures.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.